Incorporate behavior change into your nutrition education program.
Behavior ChangeDesign a Behavior Change Program
- Design a Behavior Change Program using "The Behavior Wizard". Stanford Persuasive Tech Lab.
- Learn How to Influence People. Stanford Persuasive Tech Lab.
- Find Evidence-based Recommendations for Nutrition and Weight Programs Healthypeople.gov.
- Evidence-based Obesity Prevention Programs Community Preventive Services Task Force.
Find out which types of obesity prevention programs have a strong evidence base.
- Select Evidenced-based Health Policies and Programs County Health Rankings & Roadmaps. Find policies & programs for Diet & Exercise.
- Watch a Webinar: "Design for Behavior Change". Julie Dirksen, Usable Learning.
- Use Communications to Change Behavior. The World Bank.
- Conduct a Behavior Change Workshop for Organizations. Food Security and Nutrition Network Social and Behavioral Change Task Force.
Learn About Behavior Change Theories
- 6 Behavior Change Models. Boston University School of Public Health.
- Health Belief Model
- Theory of Planned Behavior
- Diffusion of Innovation Theory
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Transtheoretical Model (Stages of Change)
- Social Norms Theory
- The Fogg Behavior Grid. Stanford Persuasive Tech Lab.
- Diffusion of Innovations. University of Florida IFAS Extension.
- Stages of Change (Transtheoretical Model). Cancer Prevention Research Center.
- Take a Free Course About Health Behavior Change. The Johns Hopkins University.
Access "Health Behavior Change at the Individual, Household and Community Levels", a free course with archived slides and readings.
- Learn About Psychological Aspects of Behavior Change. Deborah Prentice, Institute for Advanced Study.
Read Peer-Reviewed Behavior Change Research