Resources for SNAP educators working in group settings.
Ice Breakers and Training ToolsFind icebreakers to use in staff meetings/trainings
- Put in the Big Rocks First. University of Nebraska - Lincoln Extension.
- Fruit and Veggie Ice Breaker. Network for a Healthy California.
- WIC Icebreakers for 20-30 People. Wikispaces.
- Icebreakers Resource List: Icebreakers, Introductions, and Warm Ups. Johns Hopkins University. ReproLinePlus.
- Icebreakers for Health Education Settings. Health Outreach Partners.
- Icebreakers for Mixed Ages and Intergenerational Programs. Penn State Extension.
Create your own perfect training
- Developing Training Programs for Staff. University of Kansas.
- Use Puzzlemaker to Create Your Own Icebreaker or Staff Training Activity. Discovery School.
- Search Icebreakers and Add Your Own on Teampedia. Teampedia.
Browse literature on staff training
- Read why Icebreakers are Important. Journal of Pediatric Healthcare.
- Learn to “Speak the Same Language” when Developing New Paraprofessional Training. Journal of Extension.
- Review EFNEP and SNAP-Ed Initial Paraprofessional Training Materials and Methods. Journal of Extension.
Review existing staff training progams
- EatSmart Nutrition Curriculum. LSU Ag Center.
- Food and Nutrition Training in Communities. Cornell University.
- Training for Nutrition Educators and County Coordinators. Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program.