Resources for developing and conducting evaluations of nutrition education programs.
EvaluationHow to Conduct Program Evaluation: Handbooks and Training
- Program Development and Evaluation. University of Wisconsin-Extension.
- Introduction to Program Evaluation for Public Health Programs: A Self-Study Guide. DHHS. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. October 2011.
- Program Evaluation Resources: Evaluation Briefs. DHHS. CDC. National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Adolescent and School Health. 2005-2011.
- Nutrition Education: Principles of Sound Impact Evaluation (PDF | 63 KB). USDA. Food and Nutrition Service. September 2005.
- Four-part Webinar Series on Policy Evaluation. National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research (NCCOR). 2009.
- Designing Evaluations (PDF | 704 KB). United States Government Accountability Office. January 2012.
Tools: Surveys, Evaluation Plan Builders, Models
- Point K Learning Center - Evaluation Tools and Resources. Innovation Network.
Free registration required to access tools and resources, including logic model builder, evaluation plan builder, and database of free evaluation resources.
- Compilation of Evaluation Tools. University of California, Berkeley. Center for Weight and Health.
Site includes surveys and questionnaires.
- Evaluation Questions. University of North Carolina Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention. Center for Training and Research Translation (Center TRT).
- Measures Registry. National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research.
Database of existing surveys and evaluation instruments.
Studies and Reports About Program Evaluation
- An Evaluation Framework for Obesity Prevention Policy Interventions. DHHS. CDC. Preventing Chronic Disease. September 2012.
- Nutrition Education Studies. USDA. Food and Nutrition Service. 2005-2012.
- Qualitative Tools to Examine EFNEP Curriculum Delivery (PDF | 616 KB). Journal of Extension. June 2009.
- Charting the Course for Evaluation: How Do We Measure the Success of Nutrition Education and Promotion in Food Assistance Programs? (PDF | 3.9 MB). USDA. Food and Nutrition Service. February 1997.