Develop and conduct excellent evaluations of nutrition education programs.
EvaluationLearn How to Conduct Program Evaluation
- Conduct Effective SNAP-Ed Evaluations: A Step-by-Step Guide. (PDF | 1.44 MB) USDA. Food and Nutrition Service.
- Learn the Steps of Program Evaluation. University of Wisconsin-Extension.
- Teach Yourself About Program Evaluation for Public Health Programs. DHHS. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. October 2011.
- Learn to Evaluate Each Part of Your Program. DHHS. CDC. National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Adolescent and School Health. 2005-2011.
- Learn the Principles of Impact Evaluation. USDA. Food and Nutrition Service. September 2005.
- Watch a Four-part Webinar Series on Policy Evaluation. National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research (NCCOR). 2009.
Build Your Evaluation Plan
- Use the Western Region Evaluation Framework (PDF | 1.06 MB). USDA. FNS. Western Region. April 2014.
Locate a menu of indicators for measuring the effectiveness of SNAP‐Ed activities.
- Build an Evaluation Plan or Logic Model, or Assess Your Organization. Innovation Network.
Free registration required to access tools.
- Browse Evaluation Surveys and Toolkits. University of California, Berkeley. Center for Weight and Health.
- Ask the Right Evaluation Questions. UNC Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention. Center for Training and Research Translation (Center TRT).
- Search Surveys and Instruments About Diet and Activity. National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research.
Read Studies About Program Evaluation
- Read "An Evaluation Framework for Obesity Prevention Policy Interventions." DHHS. CDC. Preventing Chronic Disease. September 2012.
- Search Nutrition Education Studies. USDA. Food and Nutrition Service. 2005-2012.
- Read "Qualitative Tools to Examine EFNEP Curriculum Delivery." Journal of Extension. June 2009.