Back to Search Results | New Search |
|Title:||Garden Heroes Activities|
|Pub. date: ||2012|
|Includes: ||Activity Book|
|Audience: ||Children, Preschool, Elementary, Kindergarten, Pre-K|
|Description:||“Grow a love for fruits and vegetables in young children with this activity book. It's packed full of nutrition education information and education-rich activities, featuring all 35 different fruit and vegetable Garden Heroes®.”|
|Funding Source: ||Learning ZoneXpress|
|Length: ||74 pages|
|Assessment instrument Used? ||No|
|Use Restrictions: ||May not copy.|
|Reviewers Comments: ||The Garden Heroes Activities book introduces children to various common fruits and vegetables. A part of Learning ZoneXpress' “Garden Heroes” collection, this resource is targets young children from preschool to elementary school age.
This book features 35 different garden heroes, which are fruits and vegetables made life-like with fun names and pictures of fruit-shaped stuffed animals with happy faces on them The content of the book, including pictures, is in black and white. Each fruit or vegetable comes with the same sections:
- Heroic Facts – “fun facts” about the fruit or vegetables, some of which cover nutrition information.
- Nutrition Bites – includes the Spanish name, growing information, size, nutrients, and how they are eaten (raw, cooked, etc).
- A Harvest of Good Reads – other suggested kid-friendly reading materials on the featured fruit/vegetable.
- Taste Adventure – a simple, kid-friendly recipe that includes the fruit/vegetable and can be made with children. Recipes do not contain nutrition facts labels.
- Superhero Activity – a fun activity that features the fruit/vegetable.
Educators should note that both the Taste Adventure and Superhero Activity section would require additional materials that do not come with the book. Educators could easily design a class that used certain sections from any or various fruits/vegetables rather than including all five sections that come with each. This could be particularly helpful if educators didn't have the necessary supplies for the recipes/activities.
|Contact the Distributor:|
| Distributor: ||Learning ZoneXpress |
| Mail: ||667 E Vine St, PO Box 1022|
Owatonna, NM 55060
| Phone: ||888-455-7003 |
| Fax: ||507-455-3380|
| E-mail: ||email@example.com|
| Order URL:||Web Address|
| Cost:|| 29.95 per Activity Book|
| Avail. in Qty:|| Yes|
| Bulkrate:||Please contact the distributor for information.|