Back to Search Results | New Search |
|Title:||Choose MyPlate Tip Sheets: English, Vietnamese|
|Pub. date: ||2011|
|Includes: ||Tip sheets|
|Audience: ||Adults, multi|
|Language: ||English, Vietnamese|
|Description:||Double-sided English/Vietnamese versions of various MyPlate/Dietary Guidelines (DG) Tip Sheets.|
|Funding Source: ||USDA, FNS, SNAP-Ed|
|Developer: ||Minh Tieu|
|Organization: ||Santa Clara County Public Health Department|
|Length: ||Double-sided handouts, one one-sided handout|
|Assessment instrument Used? ||No|
|Use Restrictions: ||May copy for educational purposes.|
|Reviewers Comments: ||The following Choose MyPlate tip sheets, part of the 10 Tips Nutrition Education Series, were translated to create two-sided bilingual versions: one side in English and the other in Vietnamese.
These tip sheets and MyPlate icon can serve as a basis on which SNAP educators could plan a lesson on healthy eating or food budgeting and meal planning, though they may wish to refer to www.choosemyplate.gov for more in-depth and supporting information. Alternatively, these tip sheets could be provided as takeaway handouts following a class or posted/provided in waiting rooms at health clinics or SNAP offices in areas where there is a large population of Vietnamese-speaking individuals.
- 10 Tips to a great plate (Tip Sheet No. 1) - tips and ideas for balancing calories and choosing foods to eat more or less of according to MyPlate guidance.
- Build a healthy meal (Tip Sheet No. 7) - simple steps to create healthy meals that are consistent with MyPlate recommendations.
- Salt and Sodium (Tip Sheet No. 14) - tips to help everyone, including children, reduce their sodium intake.
- Eating better on a budget (Tip Sheet No. 16) - 10 tips to help people on a limited income stretch their food budget while eating healthfully through the three "Ps": planning, purchasing, and preparing meals.
- Make Better Beverage Choices (Tip Sheet No. 19) - tips for making better choices with beverages, which can be as important as what food is eaten.
- Choose Whole Grain Foods (Tip Sheet No. 22) - tips for selecting whole grain products and keeping them fresh and safe to eat.
- Be An Active Family (Tip Sheet No. 29) - tips to help adults get their recommended 2 1/2 hours of physical activity per week, and children their recommended 60 minutes a day.
- Be Active Adults (Tip Sheet No. 30) - tips to help adulst add physical activity into their day.
- MyPlate Icon - a simple handout that includes a large version of the MyPlate icon, complete with food group names translated to Vietnamese.
Of note to users, a "reverse-translation" of these documents from Vietnamese into English was not available, so the quality of the translation could not be verified.
|Contact the Distributor:|
| Distributor: ||Santa Clara County Public Health Department|
| Mail: ||1400 Parkmoor Ave., Suite 120B|
San Jose, CA 95216
| Phone: ||408-793-2711 |
| E-mail: ||firstname.lastname@example.org|
| Cost:|| 0.00 per |
| Avail. in Qty:|| No|
| Bulkrate:||Downloadable for free|