Back to Search Results | New Search |
|Title:||Healthy Baby, Healthy Me|
|Alt. Title:||Food Safety Curriculum for Pregnant Women|
|Pub. date: ||September 2011|
|Includes: ||Curriculum containing marketing materials, a teacher's guide, a program survey, certificates of completion, and four lesson plans with handouts.|
|Language: ||English, Spanish|
|Description:||Healthy Baby, Healthy Me is a free, downloadable food safety curriculum. Included are four lesson plans, slides that can be projected or used as flip charts, a teacher's guide, participant handouts, class activities, and evaluation and advertising materials. This collaborative effort between Extension researchers from The Ohio State University and Colorado State University was supported with funds by a USDA-National Integrated Food Safety Initiative.|
|Developer: ||Colorado State University Extension; Ohio State University Extension|
|Use Restrictions: ||May copy for educational purposes.|
|Reviewers Comments: ||Healthy Baby, Healthy Me is a food safety curriculum for pregnant women. The lesson topics are as follows:
- Lesson 1: Have a Safe Pregnancy "Focus on Listeria Monocytogenes"
- Lesson 2: Cleaning Your Hands and the Kitchen "Focus on Toxoplasma Gondii"
- Lesson 3: Choosing Safe Fruits and Vegetables "Focus on Salmonella"
- Lesson 4: Safe Cooking "Focus on Campylobacter"
The OSU Extension also provides links within their lesson plans to regularly updated, credible Web sites.
The Teachers Guide includes an outline and explanation of each lesson, directing the educator on what to say for each slide and when to include optional activities. Each lesson includes ideas and instructions for hands-on demonstrations and activities, such as food preparation.
Healthy Baby, Healthy Me provides various teaching options including:
- Slide projection: Online slides are available for those who will have access to electronic media and the web during teaching sessions.
- DVD: PowerPoint slides can be downloaded to a DVD if the web will be unavailable.
- Flip charts: Slides can be printed from OSU's Web site, laminated, and assembled into table-top flip charts.
|View/download files:|| |
|File Available for Download (PDF| 2.0 MB): http://cospl.coalliance.org/fedora/repository/co:11481|
|Contact the Distributor:|
| Distributor: ||Ohio State University Extension|
| Mail: ||216 Kottman Hall, 2021 Coffey Road|
Columbus, OH 43210-1044
| Phone: ||614-292-1607 |
| E-mail: ||email@example.com|
| Cost:|| 0.00 per Curriculum|
| Avail. in Qty:|| No|
| ISBN:||This resource is only available electronically.|